In the News
- SF Gate - Children's Advocacy Center Aims to Help Traumatized Kids Heal.
- Katie Albright, SFCAPC Executive Director, on KPIX Bay Area Focus 3/16/14
- The Mayor's Office released this press release after a joint meeting between the Commission On the Status of Women and the Police Commission.
- In its newly released 2011 Comprehensive Report on Family Violence, the Family Violence Council—co-chaired by Kathy Baxter, SFCAPCs Director of the Child Abuse Council—recommends the continued support of a multidisciplinary response to family violence in San Francisco. The report provides a snapshot of the prevalence and types of family violence in the city and highlights new initiatives to address family violence: (1) specific coding of 911 calls related to child abuse, (2) the creation of a 52-week Child Abuse Intervention Program, and (3) a program of the Department of Child Support Services to address domestic violence issues.
Secretary Madeleine Albright and Ashley Judd Speak Up for Child Abuse Prevention on ABC-7 KGO-TV.
- A Poverty Solution That Starts With A Hug in The New York Times
- The 14th Annual Blue Ribbon Luncheon in San Francisco Social Diary
San Francisco Child Abuse Prevention Center mentioned in a New Yorker Magazine article, highlighting the work of our strategic partnerships! Learn more about our project here, and find the New Yorker article here.
- San Francisco Child Abuse Prevention Center named SF's favorite charity by 7x7 Magazine!